About the Job
As an Associate Director / Director, Banking Alliances, you will be responsible end-to-end for the alliance banking partners.
What will you do:
- Responsible for a portfolio of alliance partner banks to drive up sign-up for Net Banking as well as to drive acquisition & activation of new merchants to ensure business growth of channel.
- Handling / Building a team for the Accounts / Key Banks being managed and driving the assigned targets through the team in the assigned banks.
- Develop implementation plan across alliance life cycle for the assigned portfolio of banks.
- Define metrics / measurement for monitoring the performance & the effectiveness of the existing alliances.
- Deliver against volume, revenue, penetration and growth targets for the identified and assigned partner banks.
- Map & develop strong working relationships with key influencers for the assigned banks. It should include mapping the various teams in the assigned banks thoroughly and plot them out to an organogram of the banks.
- Ensure higher level of engagements with the banks for the Sell with, Sell to and Sell through Strategies of Razorpay.
- Facilitate seamless onboarding of Razorpay as a Vendor / Customer in the bank’s ecosystem as well as ensure set-up on system and its complete alignment across departments
- Identifying the banks which can be graduated from a Referral arrangement to a Banking Program which could either be a white-labelled or a VAS arrangement.
- Understanding the unit economics of Subvention and ensuring that the partner bank becomes an active partner in co-acquiring Merchants using subvention as an effective tool. Thoroughly mapping as to how the process of collections of such receivables works in a particular bank and ensuring all the required formalities are put in place.
- Ensuring adherence to a well-defined process of tracking the leads generated from the banks to reporting them both to the respective bank(s) as well as to the internal MIS for monitoring progress. Adeptness in using Saleforce effectively would be an added advantage.
- Ensuring that the engagements are well formalized with the partner banks by way of agreement(s) and agreed base rates and mark-ups applicable, if any. Also taking care of internal closure with cross-functional departments like Legal, Finance etc.
- Liaising with other cross-functional teams like Solutions, Product etc. to ensure that we deliver on required customizations by sizing up the opportunity and creating projections which is a driver in taking such calls.
- Work closely with Banking Solutions team to identify the TSP opportunities in the assigned banks and be an effective liaison with product / solutions team to build technology solutions identified as opportunity areas with the partner banks
What will you need to have:
- 8-12 Years of overall experience of which 4-6 years in the Merchant Acquiring space either with Payment Aggregators, Banks or Fintech companies would be given high preference.
- Established and existing network with banks both public as well as private sector would be a definite advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Business acumen and Customer orientation: Should be a passionate believer in digital transformation and the use of technology to simplify business processes and improve customer experience.
- High energy team player with willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to work independently with a proven track record of creating and executing partnerships / alliances that drive measurable business results.
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers, MIS.
- Able to engage in a basic technical conversation with the bank to understand their requirements
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment
- Analytical capability to deal with the technical, contractual, and financial aspect of the business.
- Project management experience and ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively think strategically and influence cross-functional teams, such as Operations, Solutions, Product etc. so as to have the required prioritization accorded.
- Willing to travel to meet with banks / large Merchants acquired through the banking partners.