The Associate Director is responsible for the oversight of a team of high level individual contributors
or a group of Managers. This includes ensuring successful delivery of his/her organization’s project
deliverables, on time with high quality. The Associate Director is responsible to resource client
projects with suitably developed professionals and to retain and develop these professionals within
Parexel. The Associate Director is responsible to promote new business by participating in project
bids and client presentations as appropriate. The Associate Director is responsible to provide expertise
and consultation to project teams. The Associate Director is an experienced leader capable of working
independently, under supervision of the Director or Sr. Director and may deputize for the Director or
Sr. Director as needed.QualificationsSkills
• Strong ability to manage and motivate direct reports
• Strong ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects.
• Ability to manage Managers and lead a global, “virtual” team
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including experience in
making presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions)
• Outstanding negotiation and organizational skills.
• Client focused approach to work
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
• Strong ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload
with attention to detail
• Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Educated to a degree level (biological science, pharmacy or other health related discipline
preferred) or relevant clinical or business equivalent.
• Competent in written and oral English and local language
Minimum Work Experience
• Substantial monitoring/data management experience or equal experience in clinical research role.
Applicable experience in a management position.