GEP is a diverse, creative team of people passionate about procurement. We invest ourselves entirely in our client’s success, creating strong collaborative relationships that deliver extraordinary value year after year. Our clients include market global leaders with far-flung international operations, Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises, leading government and public institutions.
We deliver practical, effective services and software that enable procurement leaders to maximise their impact on business operations, strategy and financial performance. That’s just some of the things that we do in our quest to build a beautiful company, enjoy the journey and make a difference. GEP is a place where individuality is prized, and talent respected. We’re focused on what is real and effective. GEP is where good ideas and great people are recognized, results matter, and ability and hard work drive achievements. We’re a learning organization, actively looking for people to help shape, grow and continually improve us.
Are you one of us?
GEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team.
For more information please visit us on GEP.com or check us out on LinkedIn.com.
What you will do
GEP is looking for a leadership position in technology operations in Navi Mumbai. The Technology business within GEP is growing rapidly and expanding is seeking someone who is looking for that next step in their career from maybe a Senior Manager in a Product company or Head of role up to Director / Sr. Director level.
The intended role is to implement and manage the technology team of GEP-India and participate in the development of long term strategy for the future direction of Technology team.
Duties and responsibilities
This role will be managing teams of around 30 technology staff across Technology line of business teams of Engineering – Product Engineering, Client Engineering and Client Services. The teams will have delivered multiple tech projects successfully. The teams carry a good technical background, experience/exposure with a good understanding of a range of Microsoft technology stack with good people management exposure.
Key skills and experience:
• Aid/Assist in delivering multiple technical projects – Client Delivery, Client Engagement, Product Engineering and Product Management.
• Handle complex projects with up-to-date information technology knowledge. Apply leadership skills to identify and implement solutions to real-world business issues.
• Provide assistance in determining which new technologies are needed to successfully solve problems. Implement a process-based approach to meeting organizational goals.
• Leverage advanced knowledge and skills to succeed in director roles.
• Contribute to Optimization and standardize engineering and business processes involved in Technology organizations.
• Standardize and institutionalize development infrastructure, tools and methodologies.
What you should bring
• 15+ years of managing engineering experience leading multiple teams across multiple products and geographies.
• Proven or intense exposure experience in building high-performance teams and have exposure to scalable best engineering practices based on Agile methods.
• Incubated and developed a team from scratch in any location (preferable within India) to a high performing team through coaching, mentor and assisting people management activities. Demonstrated management and Senior management roles in managing a young energetic team size of 20+.
• Exposure to deeper understanding of the product development lifecycle process, including analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management
• Recommended 12+ years in hands-on Java or .NET Architecture and programming, development-intensive individual contributor role.
• Bachelor’s / Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Experience working in a product / SAAS organization is a MUST.