POSITION TITLE: Senior DevOps Engineer
REPORTING TO: MANAGER
REPORTING LOCATION: BANGALORE
WORKING LOCATION: BANGALORE
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
Setup and manage the build and deployment pipelines, troubleshoot build and deployment issues Identify and automate manual work
• Interaction with Dev, QA, BA, and Release team
· Estimate the complexity and plan the workload.
· Choose the most appropriate technical solution to meet the team’s expectations.
· Reach the optimal requirement artifact that will lead to a viable solution.
· Expedite Adhoc issues to unblock teams
• Interaction in a constructive manner to better understand the problem.
• Master and apply team technologies and processes for a better outcome.
• Software build and deployment lifecycles (Continuous integration, repeatable build and deployments)
• Strategize on best practices for build versioning, on-going parallel development featuring a branching, labeling, merging, and common library management
• Practical knowledge of build tools. source control systems, standard coding / debugging techniques, and good problem solving / troubleshooting skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
7 to 10 years of professional industry experience in DevOps, preferably with Microsoft Stack of Technologies.
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern, continuous development techniques and pipelines (Agile, Kanban, CI/CD, Git, Artifactory)
• Extensive experience with TFS / Git like distributed version control systems and their use in release management, branching, merging, and integration strategies
• Good knowledge in Azure DevOps Build pipelines, Build tools (CakeBuild, MSBuild, and Maven)
• Knowledge & experience of Active Directory, IIS configuration, Installer & Automation tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent software releases, and to work on multiple time-sensitive issues concurrently
• Building cloud and native CI/CD pipelines in Azure
• Good Background in windows server and IIS administration
• Basic knowledge in MSSQL administration, AD, DNS, certificates management, and networking
• Good at Windows Administration – Windows server, IIS, MSSQL
• Cloud – MS Azure and its services
• Containerization – Docker, Kubernetes
• CI/CD tools –TFS, Git etc.
• Scripting – Powershell, Batch script, Java Script etc.
• Administration – Windows server, IIS, MSSQL
Technology – Nice to have:
• Azure\DevOPs Certifications
• Community contributions for Providing DevOps Solutions
• Working Knowledge in Octopus CI/CD pipeline
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Fluent in English and the working country language
• Should be a self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
• Ability to work in a complex, challenging, and highly collaborative international environment
• Experience in DevOps methodologies would be a plus.
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
• The ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
BE Computer Science/MCA or any other Bachelor’s degree with the right experience
TRAVEL: Ready to travel to Europe (5 - 10%)