In one sentence
Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems
What will your job look like?
• You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
• You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable, and demo the software products to stakeholders.
• You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes and workarounds, and review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
• You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, and work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
• You will be encouraged to actively look for innovation, continuous improvement, and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
All you need is...
• Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years Java experience (server side) on Linux/Unix/Windows
• Demonstrable experience with the Spring framework components - Spring Boot, MVC, Integration, Security, etc.
• Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and open systems
Why you will love this job:
• Should have very clear understanding of Data Warehousing Concepts
• 2+ Year Hands-on experience on Spark/Databricks
• 2+ Years Hands-on experience in SQL, Unix & advanced Unix Shell Scripting
• Experience in GIT, SVN, Build Tools like Ant, Maven etc.
• Hands on file transfer mechanism (NDM, sFTP etc)
• Knowledge of Schedulers
Good to have
• Hands-on Experience or working knowledge of Snowflake
• Working knowledge of Kafka, Ni-fi
• Experience of working on Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) Data Warehousing Environment
• Willingness to learn all data warehousing technologies & work out of the comfort zone in other ETL technologies (Datastage, Oracle, Mainframe etc). Hands on working experience is a plus
Behavioral skills :
• Eagerness & Hunger to learn
• Good problem solving & decision making skills
• Good communication skills within the team, site and with the customer
• Ability to stretch respective working hours when necessary, to support business needs
• Ability to work independently and drive issues to closure
• Consult when necessary with relevant parties, raise timely risks