Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development and execution of product plans and releases and coordinate data center resources.
• Monitor production performance by performing benchmarking and research while initiating actions to improve results and/or problem correction.
• Assist engineers in monitoring system processes and resolving system abends.
• Assist in reviewing operations installation of new software released/updates into production.
• Generate external requested reports, files, and documentation to support problem resolution, billing issues, and new revenue generation.
• Generate internal reports to support future business opportunity as well as analyzing and giving problem resolution to the following departments: Product Management, Client Relations, and Sales.
• Provide input and feedback to Product Development in the form of TSG tickets to resolve customer problems, issues, and concerns that require production program changes.
• Develop and implement documentation and procedures to accurately monitor production applications on a daily basis.
• Daily interaction with customers, billing vendors and other clearinghouses to ensure issues are resolved within the commitment time.
• Identify, analyze and resolve tickets received from first level support.
• Review application processes and investigate failures.
• Act as customer advocate to ensure fixes and/or enhancements are added to releases.
• Review changes to documentation and prepare for support.
• Attend requirements gathering and design reviews to provide input.
• Provide internal training.
• Establish and conduct production test scenarios and document results.
• Consult with engineers/developers to resolve application problems if necessary.
• In-depth knowledge of reports/reporting tools.
• Language support for International Customers.
• Provide pager support for production on a 24 X 7 basis. 365 days/year.
The qualifications we are looking for are considered a mix of work experience and education.
· BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years relevant professional experience in the areas of programming languages, Operating Systems, problem management, relational data bases or application support.
· Basic telecommunications and wireless industry knowledge.
· Working knowledge of IBM operating systems and products or equivalent of TSO. JCL, ISPF, File-Aid, NDM/FTP, Clist, ESP, and Express Delivery
· Exceptional customer service skills and demeanor, along with the innovative ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical clients.
· Excellent analytical, multitasking, and communication skills (both verbal and written), detail orientation and familiarity with testing and troubleshooting techniques.
· Strong prioritization skills in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good control and follow-up skills
· Good decision making skills
· Proactive Listening
· Ability to excel in a team environment is essential under limited supervision.
· Project time reporting.
· Identification of task and associated hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to be utilized as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Jobs you might also be interested in