About the Team
When 5% of Indian households shop with us, it’s important to build resilient systems to manage millions of orders every day. We’ve done this – with zero downtime!
Sounds impossible? Well, that’s the kind of Engineering muscle that has helped Meesho become the e-commerce giant that it is today. We value speed over perfection, and see failures as opportunities to become better. We’ve taken steps to inculcate a strong ‘Founder’s Mindset’ across our engineering teams, making us grow and move fast.
We want Meesho to be at everyone’s fingertips! And, YOU can make that happen.
We place special emphasis on the continuous growth of each team member - and we do this with regular 1-1s and open communication. As Android Architect, you will be part of self-starters who thrive on teamwork and constructive feedback.
We know how to party as hard as we work! If we aren’t building unparalleled tech solutions, you can find us debating the plot points of our favourite books and games – or even gossiping over chai. So, if a day filled with building impactful solutions with a fun team sounds appealing to you, join us.
About the Role
As our Android Architect, you will join us in building our new team based on an Android Engineering first culture. This is your opportunity to be a trailblazer in your industry.
In this role, you will primarily focus on building a roadmap for our Android Platform. You will lead and contribute to all our engineering efforts – from planning and organisation to execution and delivery. You will collaborate closely with QA, other Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers across the company to shape the future of our Android platform.
In addition, you will also actively participate in external conferences and conduct knowledge sharing sessions for the team.
What you will do
- Participate actively in recruitment, training and mentoring engineers for the Android team
- Define and drive common mobile architecture and methodologies across the mobile application team
- Research ways to improve our Android Build tools, monitoring methods, scales, and performance
- Perform code reviews, write unit tests, and contribute to architectural planning and refactoring
- Analyse existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement
- Build the next generation of mobile application frameworks and common components to make it easy to ship best-in-class mobile software
- Build reusable Android software components for interfacing with our back-end platforms
What you will need
- 8+ years experience in Android development
- Experience working on two or more Android apps
- Proficiency in debugging – identifying memory leaks, performance bottlenecks, and using tools like ADB, Proguard, etc.
- Proficiency at object-oriented programming and multi-threading
- Familiarity with Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, and the ecosystem
- Familiarity with Material Design guidelines, common mobile UX patterns, and anti-patterns
- Experience with common Android libraries like Retrofit, OkHttp, Glide, Picasso, RxJava, Gson, Arch-components, etc.
- Experience with different programming paradigms, especially Functional and Reactive programming
- Familiarity with consuming REST APIs, and what makes them RESTful
- Familiarity with Git and Continuous Integration
- Understanding of advanced Android concepts like Custom Views, Accessibility Services, background processing APIs
- Understanding of different architectural patterns (especially MVVM) and their testability
- Apps published to Play Store are a plus