Company: ClearOne, Inc.
ClearOne is a global company that designs, develops and sells conferencing, collaboration, streaming and digital signage solutions for audio and visual communications. The performance and simplicity of its advanced comprehensive solutions offer unprecedented levels of functionality, reliability and scalability. More information about the company can be found at www.clearone.com.
We currently have an opening for a AV over IP Engineer to develop state of the art video conferencing and streaming software.
Description of position:
The AV over IP Engineer will be responsible for new software feature development for ClearOne audio and video conferencing and streaming products. Day to day technical activities will include the following:
- Designing, developing, and debugging network media streaming and control protocols
- Investigating and resolving video and audio quality problems and problems affecting system stability. This includes responding to customer issues that have been escalated into engineering
- Coordinating the day to day tasks of other team members to ensure on-time delivery. Other team members will be working on video, GUI, driver, or hardware integration issues,
- Communicating status to management and working with management to make any required corrections to the development plan.
This engineer will also work with Engineering Management and Product Line Management to define requirements, develop architecture and design documents, and implement new product features as required.
Required Critical Skills:
BS in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years’ experience in design, development and documentation of video products from initial design through production is required. Additional required skills include experience with the following:
- Strong software development experience in C/C++, and Java is required
- Experience writing software for a Real Time multi-threaded OS (Linux, VxWorks) is desired.
- Experience writing software for Embedded Windows and Android Platform is required.
- Knowledge of audio and video compression standards for conferencing and streaming (H.264, H.265 HEVC, G.7xx, AAC, etc.)
- Knowledge of transcoding tools like FFMPEG.
- Knowledge of streaming and networking protocols such as RTSP, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), RTP, RTCP, HTTP and UDP including multicast.
- Knowledge of methods to ensure resiliency against packet loss in video streaming systems
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with domain area experts and/or technical managers across a company in order to resolve design problems or bugs.
- Experience writing, and gaining acceptance of, system architecture specifications, functional specifications, detailed design documents, and development schedules for products.