Cloud Engineer (VMware)
Experience: 2-4 years
Work from Office
Interview Process: Written Test -> interview round -> final round
1. VMware VCP 6.5 certification - Good to have.
2. Experience with vSphere 6.x & 7.x multi-site configurations and PSC management
3. Storage configuration skills with NFS, FC SAN and iSCSI in vSphere – must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troubleshooting
4. Clone and template deployement
5. vRealize Operations Manager or vCloud Suite deployment and configuration
6. Proven experience in vSphere performance monitoring & Right-Sizing
7. Basic understanding of Network fundamentals with expert VMware Virtual networking experience
8. Experience in working different Blade & Rack servers - Troubleshooting issues, applying needed firmware updates, adjusting settings on the console.
9. Familiarity with various Monitoring tools Platform tools such as VRLI, VROPs and ticketing system ServiceNow
10. Experience in Vendor Support - raises support requests with Hardware, Software Vendors
11. ESXi patching maintenance. VMFS experience adding removing datastores lun in Vcenter. ESX Cli cmd line experience.
12. Experience in VMware OVF deployments - deploying out VM and performing OS configuration to connect to network, this can involve basic Linux Configurations.
13. Strong Communication skills in both Written and Spoken.