Credit and Expense Controller – Protect Group
Location: Pune, India. The office is located at Navale Icon, Pune 411041. Please ensure you are able to commute daily, this position is office based.
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Working hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week (12:00 – 20:00 IST with 30 mins break)
Application: Please ensure that you apply with a CV in English
Protect Group is a business founded by an ambitious entrepreneur James and a highly experienced and successful entrepreneur and investor David. After rapid growth over the past 12 months, resulting in new offices across 4 regions of the world, Protect Group are now growing the finance team in our India office.
‘Protect People’ are individuals bursting with talent, ambition, commitment and love; we at Protect are a family of friends with a shared dream. This is not a job, it’s a life and a very enjoyable one at that. You will love the people you work with, care about what you do and have the opportunity to work in a varied and interesting role which offers learning experiences that will allow you to grow with the business. At Protect it’s the people that make the difference and this is everything.
Protect Group provides Membership Programmes that operate a variety of benefits centred around the distribution of Refund Protection. In simple terms, we help online booking agents to provide a fully refundable booking option to their customers.
We are looking for a motivated individual who will be reporting to the Financial Controller, with a scope to learn and progress within the organisation.
Working as part of the accounts team, you should have a good knowledge of the credit control function. Expense control experience will be beneficial but not essential to secure this role.
You should have a personable approach and be able to build relationships both within the business and with our customers and ensure all debts are collected within a timely manner, adhering to company processes.
Duties will include:
- Managing the invoicing process across the group (5 invoicing companies across the group, with approx. 150 invoices per month and growing), ensuring invoices are issued timely and accurately)
- Setting up new accounts and maintaining existing customer accounts
- Sending customer statements
- Daily proactive contact with customers to obtain payment for due/overdue invoices
- Leading internal receivables reporting and receivables team meetings
- Monitoring mailbox for customer communications
- Investigating and resolving client queries, identifying issues, proposing solutions and liaising with internal teams to ensure client queries are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Attending customer meetings (remotely) in cooperation with internal teams, to resolve invoicing issues
- Accurate and complete recording of client conversations and agreed actions, as well as follow up communications
- Managing Direct Debit payments
- Working with the finance team on allocation of customer payments
- Reviewing staff expenses claims for completion
- Reviewing usage of company cards, ensuring expense details provided meet the internal guidance
- Liaising with staff for provision of required paperwork/information
- Actively seeking process improvement in both credit and expense control
- Liaising with Travel and Conference Manager on correct allocation of expenses across the group
- Participating in variety of team projects and tasks, as and when required
Candidate skills and requirements:
- Must have excellent verbal and written English
- A proven track record in a credit control function – essential
- Experience dealing with expenses – an advantage
- Excellent teamwork & organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be proactive in ensuring debts are paid on time
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to prioritise and plan daily tasks without need for referral
- Have worked in a fast paced organisation and results driven environment
- Be proficient in Microsoft excel