Come shape the future of the ed-tech industry in Indonesia! We are looking for competent, nice-to-work-with, and fun-loving people to join our fast-growing company.
About the Company
- Early-stage, ed-tech, funded, growing, growing fast.
- Mission Driven: Make Indonesia competitive on a global scale.
- Build the best educational content and technology to advance STEM education
- Students-First approach
About the People
- ❤️ Love what we do
- Committed to making learning fun, accessible, and safe
- Teams are better. We value ownership, responsibility, transparency
- Global, diverse backgrounds. Been there, done that.
What does it look like one year from now?
- CoLearn has grown so much, and you’ve been an important part of the growth. You solved hard problems that many didn’t know existed.
- You’ve led the data science function and laid out the roadmap, implemented best practices, and grown the team. You’ve executed mission-critical projects. Congratulations!
- You’re exploring what Data Science can do for the students, parents, teachers, educators.
- You’ve been speaking at Data Science conferences about the image recognition system we built from scratch. You casually threw in the semantic search engine on slide 77.
- The engineering and product teams are your friends. The teams take cross-functional collaboration, testing, and modeling for granted. It’s their second nature.
- You have an encyclopedic knowledge of CoLearn’s data structures and metrics, and you’ve often provided key ideas for the product.
- Highly-skilled and experienced Data Scientist and leader
- You are interested in creating next-gen data-powered education tech products.
- You’ve worked in a Data Science role before where you took a data product to market
- You are comfortable working with unknowns, evaluating the data, and applying scientific techniques to business problems and products
- You’ve built platforms and systems from scratch
- You have a track record of developing and deploying data-science models to production
Let’s talk tech
- End-to-end AI/ML systems in the cloud, including data processing, feature engineering, and tuning of ML models in training and production (MLOps) — with both structured and unstructured data.
- Deep Learning and Computer Vision models, ideally in a production environment
- Hands-on Python/SQL, scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, MXnet, etc.
- Experience in Scala/Java/Go/C/C++ is a plus plus
- Airflow/Luigi/Oozie and the likes
- Familiarity with cloud deployment strategies (AWS/GCP) to deploy at scale
- B.S./B.E./M.S./PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ years of experience in data science, algorithmic engineering, and machine learning. Preferably solved problems from scratch to scale
- Experience in hiring, managing highly-performant teams, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams
- Experience developing a data science strategy, building the roadmap, and leading the execution
- Track record of recruiting talent in analytics and data science
You will make us go if:
- You’ve won algorithm and machine learning competitions such as ACM and Kaggle
- You have research publications and citations in top tier journals
- You have a portfolio of side projects and can show it to us