JOB DESCRIPTION – Database Engineer (PostgreSQL)
Work – Remote
Opportunity – Full Time
Interested candidates can send their profile at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are? Outplay is building the future of sales engagement, a solution that helps sales teams personalize at scale while consistently staying on message and on task, through true multi-channel outreach including email, phone, SMS, chat and social media. Outplay is the only tool your sales team will ever need to crush their goals. Funded by Sequoia - Headquartered in the US. Sequoia not only led a $2 million seed round in Outplay early this year, but also followed with $7.3 million Series - A recently. The team is spread remotely all over the globe. What we are looking for: We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to scale and re-architect the core storage platform at Outplay. The ideal candidate would have worked extensively on the performance tuning database queries.
Perks of being an Outplayer :
• Fully remote job - You can be on the mountains or at the beach, and still work with us. Outplay is a 100% remote company.
• Flexible work hours - We believe mental health is way more important than a 9-5 job.
• Health Insurance - We are a family, and we take care of each other - we provide medical insurance coverage to all employees and their family members. We also provide an additional benefit of doctor consultation along with the insurance plan
• Annual company retreat - we work hard, and we party harder.
• Best tools - we buy you the best tools of the trade
• Celebrations - No, we never forget your birthday or anniversary (be it work or wedding) and we never leave an opportunity to celebrate milestones and wins.
• Safe space to innovate and experiment
• Steady career growth and job security
Job description :
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in performance tuning databases.
• 5+ experience of working with PostgreSQL.
• Expert in SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
• Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
• PostGIS proficiency and grasp of core geospatial concepts.
• Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
• Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced startup environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have experience in PostgreSQL database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
• Experience in Python or Golang would be a plus.
• Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
• Work closely with the architects/development leads to implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation.
• Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases.
• Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
• Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need for downtime.
• Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design.
• Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
• Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
• Responsible for regular backups and recovery of databases.
• Responsible for regular maintenance on databases (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving).
• Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems.
• Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
• Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews