Supports the full life cycle of product development processes for creating new products and services; provides in-depth knowledge of technical products or families of technologies. Addresses complex business and technical product integration issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Support employees by troubleshooting problems that come in via tickets, email, and phone requests.
- Follow standard operating, ticketing procedures and work instructions to image, refurbish, update, and resolve computer hardware and software application issues for new and existing employees.
- Help maintain equipment inventory, including processing asset management steps and ordering new equipment and disposing of old retired equipment.
- Maintain physical presence at designated service locations, provide remote support where possible.
- Monitor, update and maintain tickets in ServiceNow ticketing system. Respond to tickets, contact users, and plan workload.
- Update, track and escalate the ticket to appropriate levels/group for resolution as required. Sign-off closed tickets with the user and include follow up as needed.
- Document routine software and hardware troubleshooting support to resolve common IT problems so that the documentation can be used as knowledge articles and shared with others providing services.
- Support access to corporate network/wireless and applications both on the network as well as over VPN.
- Apply sound judgment, escalating issues and decisions to management when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Travel as permitted by tasks to help the company reach strategic goals or to act as smart hands in support of outages resolution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks
- Experience working with current local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues
- Experience working with current network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server)
- Possess Department of Defense (DoD) security access and/or DoD security clearance
- Ability to think and work independently, coordinate with team members, and escalate as required to perform all tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- 2-3 Years hands on experience troubleshooting PC, iPhone Android and Apple iOS issues
- Software application use and installation experience.
- Must have the ability to resolve technical issues under pressure.
- Experience building, maintaining and fixing Windows 10 systems and PC hardware.
- Experience managing inventory.
- Ability to pull data from multiple IT solutions for the purpose of reporting or to highlight issues.
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow Ticketing system.
- Active Directory knowledge is required
- Basic Networking Skills is required
- Awareness of HIPPA compliance will be added advantage.
- Office environment
- May require on-call work
- May require weekend or shift work