Director - Resource Mobilization at United Way Mumbai
This position is a leadership role and is responsible for positioning United Way Mumbai as philanthropy partner of choice, attracting new partnerships and build lasting relationships with investors.
- Achieve organization's fundraising targets (~INR 200 cr annually) in conjunction with other departments and teams within the organization.
- Develop a robust resource mobilization strategy, leveraging existing relationships and establishing new partnerships.
- Track and list funding opportunities and maintain a pipeline of potential donors.
- Expand and diversify current resource mobilization strategies to include corporate donors, institutional funders, HNIs and individual giving campaigns. - Train and lead a lean and high performing team, ensuring quick turnaround time and quality of interaction with external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop programmes and write proposals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with prospective and current donors
- Represent UWM at public forums, engage with and make presentations to potential donors
- Contribute to development of new communication material and documentation
- Work towards positioning of United Way Mumbai as philanthropy partner of choice
Qualifications and Skills
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in the development sector in a fundraising role
- Expertise in business development, building and fostering strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating teams to achieve collective goals
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively influence decision-making with current and prospective donors, lead conceptualization of funding proposals, RFPs, presentations to prospective donors.
Subject to relevant qualification, experience & merit
About the team
Our team reflects the broader collaborative spirit of United Way. Only by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds can we create innovative solutions that address the most complex challenges of our time. We strive to create a culture in which our employees grow through each other’s experiences and knowledge, and are constantly striving to develop themselves. The work that we do is challenging, but our teamwork and camaraderie lay the groundwork for it, earning us the Great Place to Work Certification for the third year in a row.
About United Way Mumbai
United Way Mumbai is a non-profit organization working in urban and rural communities across India to identify and implement the most impactful solutions to community problems. As a leader in the Indian development sector, UWM works closely with a network of 500+ NGOs and a large number of corporates for their CSR programmes, employee giving campaigns and community impact projects. Over the past 20 years, the organization has partnered with 300+ companies and 100,000+ individual donors for community development projects. UWM’s expertise lies in identifying, designing & implementing high impact projects in the areas of Education, Health, Income, Environment, Public Safety & Social Inclusion. We are part of a 130+ year old international network spread across 41 countries.