The overall development, performance and maintenance of the factory’s activities to obtain the maximum efficiency, production, quality, service and profitability for the organisation.
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibility to staff and direct the team to
– manage the factory ensuring high quality business activities with maximum efficiency, production, service and profitability for the organisation.
– ensure that the team understands that the factory’s profits and achievements are reflected in all its operations and activities– including relationships and risk management
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– the efficient running of the team
– contribute to training and development of the team
– assist Line Manager in achieving maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with organisation plans
– overall responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related legal/statutory regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable e.g. Best Practice Guidelines, ISO certification
Day to day responsibilities agreed with your manager to include:
– manage, direct and monitor the overall performance of the factory
– effective liaison with and support and assistance to the whole of the organisation
– maintain and improve mechanisms for factory production and activities, including surveying and measuring the operations, processes, outcomes and profitability and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– utilise appropriate systems to manage factory production, functions, analysis and documentation
– direct the development of plans for the factory and production to achieve targets
– developing plans for the factory’s progress, production improvement and general growth
– support to all other units/departments with related issues
– subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
– developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve targets
– assist in the development and preparation of the strategy and general business planning of both the factory and the organisation as a whole.
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– set an example for team members of commitment, leadership, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate records
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.