Innovation is fueled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree. It was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky, and ultimately, too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever completed on budget and worse yet, 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or participate in boot camps to learn how to make an app. Builder.ai’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI-powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas. Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and all you have to do is wait until it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder.ai
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning speed and it’s certainly not for the faint of heart. We celebrate diversity and push everyone to do more with less, while creating and championing a culture that empowers everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale-up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together and savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Financial Systems Manager to lead the implementation, and improvement of our core financial systems as well as enhancing our reporting capabilities. This is a key role involved in planning, testing and implementing major changes and updates to the various financial systems used across the organisation. This role will provide finance systems support for various functions within the organisation and responsible for core elements of the month-end close process.
Why we need this role
To drive the inegrations and maintenance of our finance systems and ensure these are set up to perform at an optimum level (NetSuite, Billing, Expenses, Payment Processing, Vendor Management, Approvals, etc.)
Why you should join
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Finance leadership team to contribute towards shaping the structure of our financial systems. If you are someone who likes to lead projects and want to be at the intersection of finance, systems, data and growth, you will love this role.
What Will You Be Doing
- Working as a systems finance subject matter expert supporting steady state processes and changes in financial systems and processes
- Implement and improve critical financial systems that support our core business processes
- Month-end processes and systems support; including creation of monthly reports required by management, monitoring system behaviour and key posting processes
- Maintenance of finance systems including master data, query resolution
- Evolve reporting capabilities, dashboards and KPIs
- Drive continuous improvement and Business Process Improvement ("BPI") initiatives throughout Finance and the wider organization
- Working with ERP Systems: the candidate will possess detailed knowledge of NetSuite and a BI and Datawarehouse environment (Qlik)
- Experience with all aspects of month-end accounting processes and reconciliations
- Experience developing reports based on ERP systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Data Querying, tooling and SQL experience
- Self-starter and track record of upgrading/implementing finance systems
- Constant focus on improvement of processes and controls
Other Skills Required
- Highly IT literate and an aptitude for problem solving
- Financial Accounting skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent in a Finance / Business related subject
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- 24 days of paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and have fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place
- Medical insurance