The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management to develop financial strategies for the organization. This role would be handling large amounts of data, acting as a decision maker and providing regular financial reporting.
Location : Cochin
Salary : 12 -18 Lakhs / annum
Experience : 8 -12 years in core Finance
- Statutory Tax Compliance Management: Managing Direct Taxes (TDS, Income Tax) and Indirect Taxes (GST, etc)
- Monthly Accounts Closure: Supervising the accounting aspect of the company for monthly closing of books of accounts in a timely manner, analysing the transactions of special nature for their accounting treatment and MIS presentation.
- Supervising and managing the payroll function along with the help of HR.
- Analysis of all applicable taxes (eg: TDS on payments, GST reverse charge, etc).
- Preparation of financial statements and Closure of books of accounts for statutory audit.
- Internal Control Framework: Reviewing and developing operational functionality of vendor payments to ensure accurate and timely payment and accounting.
- Ensuring smooth flow of data and information from business to Finance and vice versa.
- Ensuring all operational transactions are properly captured in the accounting and ensuring whether the proper process is followed.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Preparing cost forecasts for the year and carrying out variance analysis against the same. Develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Ensure proper accounting of revenue to minimise revenue leakage.
- Plan, organize and execute financial tasks and projects of the organization.
- Make estimates of funds required for the short- and long-term financial objectives of the organisation.
- Complete financial reports, lead the month-end closing process and conduct monthly financial forecast. Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports. Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Strategize on fund procurement through banks and other financial institutions.
- Prudently make investments on assets that maximize returns.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to drive the business performance of the organization.
- Evaluate the financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investments.
- Understand and calculate the risks involved in the financial activities of the organization.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
- Monitor and control the timely and accurate execution of payments due and identify potential discrepancies providing analytical reporting to management, while liaise with the respective department(s) for resolution of payment.
- Participate in the execution of external and internal audits, providing all the required information to the auditors, to facilitate their accurate and fast execution.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Preparing financials & company documentation for any government & private projects or project proposals.
- Present financial reports to Management and stakeholders in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Maintain Statuary, regulatory, and other compliances & licenses for the Company and its allied businesses.
- Responsible for Vendor Management (Internal & External Projects), Partners/Consultants Management, Client Accounts Management, Loan Accounts management, Accounts & Transaction management, Company Stock management.
- Manage entire Finance Team. Assist in Hiring, mentor & drive team members as per the scale & demand of the companies. Track performance of team members and recommend rewards or provide feedback accordingly. Training other team members on new developments in the accounts and finance function.
- Regular review of investment of spare funds to ensure effective utilisation of funds including keeping track of interest rates to maximize the interest revenue.
- Responsible for Account Payable/ Cash Management and Bank dealing.
- Cash and Fund Flow Management, Cost and Credit Control and Inventory Accounting and Cost Management.