At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ blue-collar workers in India find jobs. Over time, we want to become the center of all money and financial needs for blue-collar workers. We’re a Y Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors such as Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund and Airtel. Several executives from Google and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
We’re seeking a Head of Product in India to help define and execute our product strategy and vision. In this role, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, salespeople and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users.
This is a highly entrepreneurial position reporting directly to the CEO and will require you to assume a number of different roles.
- Ability to develop deep user empathy.
- Ability to think strategically and long-term.
- Ability to hire and manage a team of talented product people.
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to communicate clearly and frequently with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial – optimizing for shipping fast vs. striving for perfection.
Skills & Qualifications
- Design: You practice user empathy and are comfortable interviewing users on a regular basis.
- Creativity: You are able to convert user insights into product initiatives that deliver true value to users.
- Leadership: You are able to build and communicate a compelling vision to inspire and motivate the company.
- Collaboration: Track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams.
- Analytics: You are very comfortable getting the data you need and transforming it into insights and initiatives.
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Vahan’s mission and new technology.
- 7-10 years of product management experience including 2+ years at a senior or leadership level.
- Prior experience launching a consumer product and seeing it through to large scale.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup.
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents. We also offer two days of mandatory wellness leaves per month.
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- Commensurate with experience (cash + bonus + equity).