Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Analyses, designs and writes specifications for programs. Assists support personnel in locating and resolving problems of significance with programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents moderately complex programs. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Design’s systems and programs to meet complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyses program and time requirements. Assists project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred
- At least 5 years of strong experience in Development, Enhancement, Maintenance, Testing and Production Support of Mainframe applications which includes CICS online screens, COBOL programs, JCL batch Jobs, DB2, IMS DB, VSAM file processing
- At least 5 years of experience working on Mainframe tools like ENDEVOR, ICETOOL, FILE-AID, FILE-MANAGER, SPUFI, QMF, FTP and XPEDITOR
- At least 3 years of experience in Development, Enhancement, Testing and Maintenance of Medical, Pharmacy Claims using Mainframes
- At least 3 years of experience in Development, Enhancement, Testing and Maintenance of 1500 Professional and UB04 Institutional, Rx(NCPDP D.0), Medicare Crossover Claims (MCX) Form Paper claims using Mainframes
- Experience in ENDEVOR Life Cycle, Software life cycle, Change Control
- At least 2 years of experience working on EDI 837 files.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Office environment