At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Department
The Partnerships Sales team is responsible for creating, and maximizing sales opportunities with Cloudflare partners, resellers and other agencies. They work to understand the technical requirements of our partners to best assist their internal pre-sales, post-sales, technical operations, and technical support departments. The goal is to help them fully understand Cloudflare’s technology and empower them to successfully manage a complex sales process to their own customer base.
Partnerships help with distribution of Cloudflare and building revenue at scale. The Partnerships team works with thousands of hosting providers, distributors/resellers to help them provide our products to their customers and with strategic partnerships such as IBM, Rackspace, Deloitte, etc. The team forms the business relationships, and builds the technical integrations required to support them.
What You'll Do
You are the technical advocate and mentor for Channel Partners. You will work closely with those Partners to foster self-sufficiency through formal training, specialized documentation, and scalable solutions. Your technical expertise in Cloudflare’s global distributed network and technology will allow you to drive revenue opportunities for Cloudflare across the Partner’s field sales organization, channels and end customers. As a subject matter expert on web/mobile security and performance, you are a trusted source for the post-sales technical teams to ensure end-customer satisfaction and success with Cloudflare.
As a Partner Solutions Engineer, you are the advocate within Cloudflare for our largest and most complex allies. To find effective solutions, you will work closely with every other team in Cloudflare: Sales, Success, Product, Technical Support, Technical Operations, Data, and Marketing. Your goal of partner independence and end-customer happiness should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create scalable solutions for your Partner’s needs.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have a knack for explaining complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms to boardrooms full of people. You are self-driven, naturally curious, and an avid technologist who is not afraid to work through issues with your Partner’s technical teams. You appreciate the diversity and challenge of working across large organizations and helping them and their end-customers realize the full promise of Cloudflare.
- As critical members of Cloudflare’s Partner Sales team, the Partner Solutions Engineers drive technical discussions and implementations to help partners generate new business, expand existing business, and keep our partners successful.
- In business generation and expansion, you’ll be tasked with educating/enabling our partners in qualification of prospect and customer use cases, technical requirements discovery, leading demonstrations, solution identification and design, and collaborative work on proofs-of-concept (PoCs).
- The role requires 20-50% travel to attend meetings with partners, attend conferences and other industry events, and to collaborate with your Cloudflare teammates.
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Technical curiosity and passion: Cloudflare is at the cutting edge of internet technology, and our Solutions Engineers are viewed as subject-matter experts. It’s incumbent on us to stay up to date not only with Cloudflare’s specific products, but with industry trends.
- A focus on learning, teaching, collaboration, mentorship, and growth, not only personally but also within the team and company.
- Experience navigating and working with large Enterprise IT organizations and Channel ecosystem.
- Significant experience developing internet application and/or hosting infrastructure architectures.
- Familiarity with Linux and web programming.
- Understanding of DNS, IP, routing protocols, hosting infrastructure (load balancers, firewalls, IDS/P, etc).
- Experience with apache, nginx, and/or IIS.
- Aside from technical and collaborative skills, we place a high value on project management, relationship building, and EQ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Experience meeting regulatory requirements such as PCI-DSS
- Familiarity with APAC Partner ecosystem