Power Trading Analyst (India Office)
Job Description Summary
BioUrja’s Power Trading team is growing and we are currently seeking highly driven Power Trading Analyst to join our Commercial and Analytics team in Indore, MP office.
This analytical and commercially focused role will provide experience to the right candidate with state of the art analytical and trading tools currently used in Power Trading. The candidate will gain unmatched exposure to the Commercial side of Power trading business.
This role involves working closely with Power Traders, Quantitative Analysts, Junior Analysts and IT Developers to develop, calibrate, maintain and support the various activities of Power Trading Analytical Platform. Power Analyst will develop trading and calibration tools that will be used in day-to-day trading and analytical development activities. Power Analyst will keep up-to-date with current trends in Power markets and perform model improvements to develop new trading opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform fundamental analysis of North American wholesale nodal power markets
- Create and Automate workflow for power flow analysis and contingency analysis models
- Lead and support model development efforts for improving the Analytical platform
- Calibrate and analyze generation dispatch curves, heat rates, transmission parameters, transmission congestion in electric grids
- Research, model and analyze industry trends; Update databases, create reports and Models to analyze the latest trends in North American nodal power markets
- Provide mentorship to Junior Analysts and bring them up-to-speed
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering with relevant coursework in Power Systems preferably from IITs or NITs and 2 years of work experience in an Electric Utility or Analytics firm , OR
Masters / PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering with relevant coursework in Power Systems preferably from IITs or NITs
- Preferred coursework for the role:
Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Power Systems Operations and Control, Power Transmission Systems, Non Conventional Electric Power Generation, Alternate Energy Systems, Energy Resources and Technology, Programming and Data Structures, Statistics I and II, Linear Systems TheoryStrong Analytical and Quantitative skills
- Have a commercial focus with curiosity for energy industry and ongoing desire to learn more
- Strong Excel skills; Comfortable with pivot tables, macros and SQL
- Intermediate coding skills are required. Strong willingness to learn Python language
- Ability to work both under team setting and independently on projects
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a time-sensitive, high-pressure trading environment