Identifies and analyzes actual and potential cost requirements for requests for proposals (RFPs) on larger projects in business units.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes and supports pricing requirements and creates pricing models in response to requests for proposals (RFPs) on contracts (Firm Fixed Price, Time and Materials, etc) for smaller scoped projects, to ensure that adequate support is provided for business solutions/proposals.
- Develops and maintains product and pricing information on business systems, and assists in the development of quotation and deal evaluation methods to ensure consistent unit-wide use.
- Analyzes RFPs on smaller projects to identify pricing and contractual requirements.
- Interfaces with operational staff in developing and pricing staffing profiles and coordinates subcontractor pricing targets and cost proposals.
- Utilizes cost modeling methodologies, tools and techniques and software to determine pricing costs and to create and maintain departmental pricing reports. Analyzes and reports trends on pricing. Utilizes quality tools to make recommendations on improving pricing, billing and costs.
- Supports minor phases of the solicitation process such as, routine requests for information (RFI), routine RFP responses, and basic negotiations, to determine feasibility and areas of financial risk.
- Interfaces with vendors and merchandising associates to determine pricing costs and related information to ensure that all material is obtained in a cost-effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of cost analysis accounting or pricing experience
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with all phases of solicitation processes such as, request for information (RFI), RFP responses and negotiations
- Experience working with relevant programming languages and software to conduct pricing analyses
- Experience working with negotiations, contracting, pricing and purchasing
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills to identify and analyze cost factors for proposals
- Organization, time management and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work with relational databases
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Office environment