At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
You will be responsible for the design, development and test of a scalable distributed management plane infrastructure software and features that runs as the core OS for all of Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation network and cloud security solutions.
- Work from start to finish on product design, starting with conceptualization through to implementation and deployment
- Actively participate and collaborate with team members to develop next-generation software architecture for Security platforms
- Innovate, scope and deliver new management features based on customer, partner, and technical support feedback
- Design and develop highly scalable management infrastructure software for managing devices at scale in hybrid (on-prem & cloud) deployments
- Take ownership and work with product management, development and quality assurance groups in a fast-paced environment
- Work with Cloud Services teams to provide state-of-the-art security solutions and infrastructure
- Troubleshoot changes to the product to ensure high quality output of product design
- MS/BS in Computer Science or Equivalent with 11+ years of experience
- Experience developing on a Linux Platform
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Python or Golang. Shell scripting is a plus
- Experience with large scale management infrastructure in a distributed appliance deployment with high availability
- Experience or knowledge in distributed systems development is highly desired
- Network and/or Security appliance development experience is a big plus
- Experience in SQL/NoSQL databases or libxml is a plus
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to architect and deliver large complex solutions
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.