*PMP certification is a must*
About the role:
- To project manage a number of complex projects, from inception through to handover to business, ensuring the delivery of specified products and services within agreed time, quality and cost parameters.
- To develop, streamline, and nurture key relationships with project stakeholders, encouraging a future orientation and championing the values of the organization.
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify project objectives and key products to be delivered.
- Develop project specifications, agree project plan baseline including scope, key activities, deliverables, resource requirements, milestones, and deadline.
- Utilize project plans and schedules to monitor all activities.
- Manage relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust with clear professional communications and assured expectation management.
- Ensure team members are informed, have clear goals, and work collaboratively and in partnership with clients and other stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
- Drive project execution; track delivery; expect, monitor and control change, own change management; proactively seek and resolve blockers.
- Record information accurately and consistently using appropriate systems and provide and communicate timely information to relevant parties.
- Seek stakeholder insight and feed it into improved processes while ensuring compliance with governance and standards.
- Manage projects within agreed governance structures and processes, to ensure consistency of approach and efficient use of resources.
- Conduct progress reviews to give stakeholders confidence that projects will deliver to time,
- budget and agreed standards.
- Conduct reviews to assess project outcomes and to identify and capture lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the provision of documentation for new or improved processes, products and services and to ensure that good practice is disseminated throughout the organization.
- Take a flexible approach to task boundaries where appropriate.
Skills and experience Education, qualifications and training: Higher education qualification or equivalent professional experience is essential.
A recognized qualification in project management
PMP is Mandatory.
Personal abilities and qualities:
- Excellent communication: Communicates with clarity and confidence at all levels; adapts style and content to the needs of the audience.
- Influencing and relationship building: proactively builds productive relationships with internal
- and external partners; presents robust and convincing arguments in the face of challenge while remaining respectful of others' views; negotiates effectively to agree realistic outcomes.
- Planning and Organizing: Plans, schedules, prioritizes and allocates work effectively; de
- livers to multiple and challenging deadlines; monitors progress against plans using project management techniques or other recognized methods such as Agile.
- Continuous improvement: identifies opportunities for continuous improvement; shows commitment to own professional development; demonstrates enthusiasm, willingness and ability to learn new skills. Creates momentum and excitement around initiatives and new approaches.
- Delivering results: Remains calm, effective and positive even when under pressure; takes ownership for delivering outcomes. Initiative and problem solving: identifies problems, provides/facilitates the creation of options and recommendations and uses initiative to drive solutions; identifies and manages risk.