Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech). Have you got what it takes?
Are you a strong Python programmer or data scientist looking for a place to launch an online teaching career? Join us to teach computer science fundamentals in Python. No teaching experience is required!
Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) is building an online platform to teach in-demand coding skills. Our students receive the hands-on experience required to be job-ready. BloomTech's success is tied to that of our students - they don't pay until they're employed in a tech role!
We are looking for part-time Python coders to teach in an immersive, live, online classroom. Courses are offered throughout the week, and you can choose the times that work for your schedule. You can expect to commit 15-20 hours per week.
You will teach new developers the fundamentals of computer science: algorithmic problem-solving, Big-O and time-space complexity, and how to use hash tables to optimize algorithms.
BloomTech is committed to building a diverse team of staff and instructors where everyone feels seen, heard, and valued. Therefore, we welcome a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities we serve.
Apply today if you're passionate about Python and computer science and ready to share your top-notch skills!
What You Will Be Doing
- Teaching on Zoom via live code-along, explaining complex concepts simply, using real-life examples, exercises, and storytelling
- Providing learner support, encouraging struggling learners, and challenging those who are excelling
- Providing curriculum feedback and reporting learner progress
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Managing other instructors or teaching assistants
- Teaching an entire data science curriculum - your focus will be on covering the fundamentals of computer science
- Traveling for conferences, meetings, or training; we are a 100% remote team
Python Developer Key Responsibilities
- Prepare learners to pass the General Coding Assessment, launching their new career as a data scientist
- A bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer, engineer, or data scientist OR A high school diploma with 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer, engineer, or data scientist
- Python expertise
- An engaging and compelling public speaker
- Teaching or mentoring experience
About Bloom Institute Of Technology (BloomTech)
Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) is pioneering a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We offer an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career.
Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don't just accept differences – we celebrate them. BloomTech welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a part-time (20 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $30 USD/hour, which equates to $30,000 USD/year assuming 20 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting if you already applied using EasyApply.