noon.com is a technology leader with a simple mission: to be the best place to buy and sell things. In doing this we hope to accelerate the digital economy of the Middle East, empowering regional talent and businesses to meet the full range of consumers' online needs.
Noon operates without boundaries; we are aggressively and voraciously ambitious. Starting in 2017 with noon.com, the region’s homegrown e-commerce platform and leading online shopping destination, noon is now a digital ecosystem of products and services - noon, noon Daily, noon Food, NowNow, SIVVI, noon VIP, and noon Pay.
We are creating the Middle East’s local digital champion and are looking for world-class talent to join our team.
Who will excel?
We’re looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. We’re searching for problem solvers, people who operate with a bias for action and have a deep understanding of the importance of resourcefulness over reliance.
Candor is our only default. Demanding unequivocal high standards should be non-negotiable because quality matters. We want people who are radically candid, cohorts who commit to settling for nothing but the best - in hiring, in accepting work from colleagues, and in your own work.
Ours is not an easy mission, but it is a meaningful one. Every hire must actively raise the bar of talent in the company to help us reach our vision.
Is this you?
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, SDET-2 - Catalog and Content Platforms Engineering
We are staffing up our Catalog Management Engineering team. Currently, we have a huge presence in UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt and want to continue to build on our successes in the Middle East. We are looking for a smart, dedicated and experienced QA Engineer to work alongside other engineers and product managers in the team.
In this role you’ll be helping to build the core content/catalog technology backends and platforms that are used by our sellers and consumers alike. You should be strong in web/internet fundamentals and must understand all the complexities involved in an HTTP request-response lifecycle.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, plan, prioritize and coordinate test activities
- Own end to end quality for Catalog Product features
- Maintain updated test cases for all the features tested
- Contribute towards automation framework design
- Improve upon existing quality processes and practices
- Send product release updates to all stakeholders
- 3-6 years of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience with SQL (and BigQuery) is a big plus
- Experience with JIRA/Redmine or any other bug tracking tool is a must
- E-commerce background is a plus
- Experience in manual & automation testing
- Experience with API automation
- Knowledge on Rest assured framework is a plus
- BE/BTech/MCA in computer science or related field is mandatory
- Strong project management skills and experience with agile/scrum software development methodology
- Experience in working with geographically distributed business and development teams
- Solid track record of delivering high-quality products
- Experience in preparing quality metrics and effectively engaging with stakeholders to set and drive quality goals.