Saint Gobain Research India, 7th Transversal R&D center for Saint Gobain in Chennai, is looking for Research Engineer in Affordable Housing R&D team. In this role the expectation is to support R&D projects related to Affordable Housing Construction Technologies. Candidate should have strong field experience working with various phases of multi-storied residential construction with a good knowledge on existing building technologies is a must. The candidate in this role will also work closely with customers, contractors, engineers, architects and external industry experts in identifying and understanding building technologies.
- Analyze designs, Specifications, drawings to understand any residential project coming up
- Ensure project feasibility through continual evaluation of structural integrity and design practicality
- Ideate and create designs that utilize a variety of materials as required
- Perform quantity calculations for practical and budgetary purposes
- Forecast design and construction time frames
- Inspect project sites to ensure they meet relevant codes and are progressing properly
- Should continuously learn new techniques and methodologies. Should provide alternate strategies
- May initiate new project concepts and develop technical proposals and make presentations to Management as required
- Requires to travel extensively.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and tools.
- Worked in multi-storied residential complex construction using various technologies such as Mivan, 3D Precast, etc.
- Proficient in computer-assisted design (CAD) and other design, data recording, and analyzation software.
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of building structures.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
- Collaborates with team to get required information. Is interested in peer discussions and feedback. Offers help and support to other team members