Participates in test efforts for software product development or supports projects to measure quality of functional (business) components of systems.
Leads the formal test execution phases on larger projects. Applies basic industry and functional area knowledge while authoring integration and system test scripts, configuration test questionnaires and other test materials. Executes requirements-based functional tests for application software.
Essential Job Functions
- Good understanding of QA methodologies - Unit, Integration, System, Acceptance, Regression, Performance testing etc.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise models and documentation.
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix organizations.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities.
- Solid Back End Testing experience includes ability to analyze data writing complex SQL Queries.
- Excellent working knowledge in preparing Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Estimates, Test Requirements and Test Cases.
- Design and develop repeatable and maintainable functional and performance tests for APIs (backend micro services) & UI using Ready API/JMeter/Java/Python/Protractor etc.
- Design high-quality functional tests with effective use of data-driven, combinatorial coverage techniques, etc.
- Prepare test datasets for effective test coverage.
- Follow best practices of test automation in an Agile/Scrum method of software delivery.
- Interact and co-ordinate with cross-functional teams including, Developers, BA, other Testers. Conduct peer-reviews of automated tests contributed by other QA members.
- Follow best practices in coding and version control using GIT.
- Execute automated tests as part of smoke, functional and regression test cycles.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, or a related field.
Highly accurate and detail oriented.
- 4-9 Years of experience.
- Should possess good programming skills – Java/Python/Groovy
- Awareness and exposure to Test Automation tools & Frameworks, viz. Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, TestNG
- Understanding of Web, Database & API Automation libraries
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Models
- Good Communication, Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on Knowledge of Ready API or SOAP UI
- Exposure to Framework development assignments in the past is an added advantage
- Communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and management
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good consulting skills; can effectively interact with client during project team teleconferences and on-site meetings
- Ability to write lengthy procedural, step-based narrative test materials including the necessary testbed set-up steps
- Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a global professional team that may be distributed across geographies and time zones
- Ability to complete assigned responsibilities independently in a given timeframe with minimal managerial and technical support
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work