At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Prisma Cloud team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help our customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in public cloud.
As a member of the Cloud Platform team, you will partner with team members in the US and India on delivering our overall hosting platform, which includes source code management, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the container orchestration services used to deliver the Prisma Cloud microservices architecture. You will help to troubleshoot, scale, and secure our hosting platform by bringing expertise in AWS and container based workloads with an emphasis on automation through infrastructure as code.
As you build your career at Palo Alto Networks you will be involved in a number of different projects and initiatives, being an integral part of the team.
- Partner in the design and deployment of our hosting platform for Prisma Cloud, making use of Kubernetes (EKS) on AWS -You’re hands-on with AWS and have deployed workloads onto Kubernetes before and have used service mesh technologies, such as Istio
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, cost, and performance -You’ve helped create services that are critical to their customers’ success
- Deploy automation for provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale -You are experienced in Infrastructure as Code concepts and have put them into production
- Drive the adoption of observability practices and a data-driven mindset -You love metrics, graphs, and gaining a deep understanding of why things happen in a system, helping others gain visibility into the things they build
- Participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure owned by the SRE team -Finding ways to reduce the time to resolution and improve the reliability of services is key to running a trusted platform
- Strong sense of architecture and design for fault tolerance, scale-out approaches, and stability -Practiced in the AWS Well Architected Framework or similar
- Demonstrated experience in building tools and automation in Python or Java for large production environments
- 2+ years of working with microservice architectures running on Kubernetes and containers
- 2+ years experience with CI/CD tooling, including GitLab or GitHub, Jenkins, container registries, and artifact repositories such as Artifactory
- 8+ years of Unix/Linux experience (shell/tools/kernel/networking/storage)
- Tools-first mindset -You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and reduce churn
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible, Helm, etc.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS or GCP highly preferred) at medium to large scale
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building large-scale metrics and monitoring systems is a plus
- Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving and delivering
- Exceptional communicator in and across teams, taking the lead
You will be a key member of the global DevOps team within Prisma Cloud, working with our Cloud Platform scrum team on delivering an end-to-end hosting solution within the cloud.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.