Happy Marketer is now Merkle Singapore. Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 14,000 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. Merkle is a dentsu company.
What do we do:
Across APAC, we have advised and helped brands across industries such as banking, insurance, telecommunications, technology, government, travel & hospitality, airlines, education, food & beverage, retail, luxury. We are the only digital firm in the region with Google Partnerships across Analytics, Google Ads, Programmatic Media, Cloud & Training, and likewise, we are certified partners of Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle, Marketo, and Hubspot. As certified, experienced, digital practitioners, Happy Marketer strives to partner with our clients to help advise, train and implement impactful digital solutions that solve real business problems to help them grow profitably. Happy Marketer was recently identified to be the only Google Partner across Asia to be certified across Google Ads, Google Programmatic Media, Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics, Firebase, etc), and Google Cloud.
About the JD - We’re looking for someone passionate about Media Planning to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible within the digital and addressable advertising landscape. Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries, and sizes and we work very closely with both our Paid Media Delivery and Media Science teams to ensure we’re at the cutting edge of our field. We’re looking for people who are digital natives by default but also all-rounders with exposure to both off and online planning. A good understanding of integrated media planning is essential, as well as an appreciation of data-driven marketing and the desire to progress this practice both in concept and inactivation. The Senior Media Planner will be the dedicated support in integrated media planning and buying.
Budget - 8-12 LPA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Digital Strategy Lead in the development of one integrated cross-channel strategy and media laydown.
- Collaborates with the team on upcoming campaigns determining best platforms, target audience, and creative strategies to implement to
- develop media plans.
- Evaluate and negotiate with media owners for better rates and value adds to fulfil the media campaign requirements of the team.
- Ensure correct tagging of ads and client’s websites so that the ads are served with the tags firing in the correct manner.
- Monitor ads during the campaign period, weekly digital reporting, end of campaign reporting, reconciliation of final costs for finance billings.
- Liaise with media owners and external agency partners, attending all agency meetings to present all channels and feedback requirements
- to channel leads.
- Maintain a high level of working and strategic knowledge across all channels and how they can integrate.
- Thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest; Competitive tracking & reviews.
- Support the idea generation, cross-functional coordination, and work with client management to ensure successful implementation of these campaigns.
- Coach, manage, and training of Junior Media Planner; including review and approval of Junior Media Planner's media plans.
Digital Landscape understanding
- Strong understanding of the digital platforms- Facebook, AdWords, Programmatic
- Comfort with ad operations and ad verification tools
- Awareness of emerging/new technologies that can be leveraged to drive brand salience
- Regular interaction with Publishers for media Planning/buying.
Understanding Client Business
- The candidate will need to understand the client business and short and long term objectives
- Suggest a digital strategy/road to the client basis the objectives (working with other internal stakeholders)
- Manage campaigns end to end depending on the business objectives
- End to End Campaign Planning and Management
- Understanding the brief and campaign objectives from the client
- Identify key audiences - sizing and profile using data points, to determine whether the given audience can achieve the client’s business objective
- Identify placement opportunities - impact, non-impact and oversee the ad operations - tracking, serving
- Set budget allocation - topline between different online platforms to meet the objectives
- Measure the results against the planned deliverables and conduct post evaluation (to derive insights to be leveraged for next campaign)
- Publishers Relationship
- The candidate will need to develop a good working relationship with key publishers and networks
- Experience - 5-6 years into media planning with a deep understanding of Comscore, GWI.
- People from Digital Agency is mandatory.
- The candidate should be good with data.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Solid understanding of media concepts/terms, creative and budget requirements. • Solid grasp of digital marketing, especially deep knowledge of digital media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the desire to progress. • Ability to forecast outcomes of brand/DR campaigns and manage to spend.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of the box. • Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
Things that will make you immediately stand out:
- Modeling experience is preferable.
- Demonstrate creativity in data analysis and understanding possible application of new media formats.
- The candidate must possess strong digital media knowledge and a good understanding of standard media formats and metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in insight generation with third-party tools.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, ensure digital is fully embedded in all initiatives.
- Bangalore or Mumbai.
- But for the next year, it is WFH.