At SolarWinds, we’re a people-first company. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of the people we serve—including our employees, customers, shareholders, Partners, and communities. Join us in our mission to help customers accelerate business transformation with simple, powerful, and secure solutions.
The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment and is collaborative, accountable, ready, and empathetic. We’re looking for individuals who believe they can accomplish more as a team and create lasting growth for themselves and others. We hire based on attitude, competency, and commitment. Solarians are ready to advance our world-class solutions in a fast-paced environment and accept the challenge to lead with purpose. If you’re looking to build your career with an exceptional team, you’ve come to the right place. Join SolarWinds and grow with us!
SolarWinds is looking for a Staff Product Manager to play a key role in our Observability as a Service (OaaS) portfolio. We’re looking for an experienced product manager who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences, can compose a clear and compelling product vision and value proposition for our customers, has a robust understanding of technology, SaaS product development, and lifecycle management. As part of the product management team you’ll work with globally distributed engineering, architecture, UX, product marketing and product management leaders and go-to-market teams to drive strong product revenue growth for our SaaS products.
- Responsible for managing full lifecycle of products and all aspects of the product lifecycle, from vision through delivery through customer adoption
- Be the expert on your products and be able to talk to the wider portfolio of products
- Responsible for one or more core capabilities on the Observability as a Service platform – that offers full stack observability for critical business services including infrastructure, application and database.
- Work with UX designers, UX architects and other PMs to optimize the end user experience on the OaaS platform.
- Understand customer, competitive and market needs to build compelling product roadmap - incorporate reliability, redundancy, security, performance, and ease of use into design
- Identify and develop strategic customer relationships to obtain feedback on existing products, new market problems, and establish requirements for emerging products
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to help define the strategy and execution for Observability as a Service platform.
- Work with architecture, development teams to accelerate delivery of compelling features to customers
- Collaborate with product marketing, marketing, and sales leadership to establish the go-to market strategy, target prospective customers, and highlight competitive differentiators
- Help manage customer/prospect expectations in pre-sales and post-sales scenarios when needed
- 8/10+ years of professional experience in Product Management in B2B Enterprise Software/SaaS
- Strong customer sense to identify strategic opportunities based on customer pain points
- Results-oriented, can-do attitude and ability to simply explain complicated concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think and execute at both strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-discipline to work effectively in a high-paced environment
- Strong understanding of SaaS business models, critical SaaS metrics and SaaS product/feature delivery
- Proven ability to interact with enterprise customers and global partners with accuracy and professionalism
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience managing/leading SaaS applications on a shared platform is a plus
- Experience in UX/CX design is a plus
- Experience delivering SaaS applications in multiple environments (ex: private cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure) is a plus
- BA/BSc degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience or related degree - MBA is a plus