Job Title: User Experience Architect
Total Experience: 11 - 15 Years
Job Location: Mumbai / Kolkata
LearningMate is a CMMi level technology company offering domain expertise in teaching and learning solutions - leveraging digital, cloud, process automation, data, and strong learning design principles. For about two decades, LearningMate has been working with education institutions across the globe to help them build, deploy, and streamline their digital infrastructure. Through our powerful mix of products and services, we are proud to help lead the world into a future where education is accessible, affordable, and effective. Since 2001, we have grown to employ more than 1,000 full-time associates spread across the globe and serve a global clientele of education publishers, traditional and nontraditional EdTech companies, K-20 schools, universities and career colleges, government agencies, non-profits, corporate training, and education consortia.
We have our global presence in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada and in India we are headquartered in Mumbai (Maharashtra) and also have our office in Kolkata.
- A Technical Architect, Specialist with an overall 11+ years of experience
- Produce UX documentation and artefacts – system flows, user flows, site maps, wireframes, templates etc - informed by UX research and user insights
- Produce prototypes to test concepts, demonstrate user journeys and determine scope limits
- Ensure that edge cases are included in task flows, as well as ‘happy paths’
- Liaise with in-house designers, product managers and developers to ensure that the quality and consistency of user experiences is maintained throughout the design and development process
- Work with developers to ensure feasibility of design solutions and review their implementation during UAT post development work
- Strong working knowledge of Axure RP 8, or other prototyping tools, and Sketch · Experience building interfaces that work intuitively on multiple different device sizes (mobile, tablet, desktop, interactive white board).
- Adhering to up-to-date accessibility standards, and Human Interaction Guidelines (Apple, Google guidelines) · Using the latest design tools, to enable us to design ‘smart’ and save time (Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch).
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed
- Good to have UX Certifications.